Welcome to the Pine Lake Police Department. We invite you to navigate your way through our site to learn more about us.
Chief Sarai Y’hudah-Green began her police career at the Georgia Tech Police Department in 1997, but has spent most of her time with the City of Pine Lake Police Department. She moved through the ranks and served in many challenging, yet rewarding positions before being promoted to Chief of Police in 2002.
As a police professional, Chief Green is committed to the concept of Community Policing, which is a way to create relationships and connect with the community in a way that is beneficial to both Law Enforcement and the public. Chief Green believes in being involved with the community, “meeting them where they are." Chief Green thinks that community involvement is the key to fostering these relationships, while actively seeking ways and tools to enhance them. "This allows us to combat crime and disorder, in addition to improving the quality of life for both visitors and residents of Pine Lake. We are honored to serve this great, diverse community with the highest standards of Community Policing."
Chief Green is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police (GACP), The National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE) and the DeKalb County Chiefs Association, where she served as President. Chief Green is also a graduate of the Georgia International Law Enforcement Exchange (GILEE) program with the Israeli Police.
In her spare time, Chief Green enjoys spending time with her family (husband, three daughters and son), attending school events, mentoring, volunteering with the homeless and creative writing.
What We Believe
Chief of Police
City of Pine Lake
- Always call 911 if you want assistance from a police officer.
- For non-emergency calls, email at email@example.com, or you may phone 404-292-4250 and at the greeting menu dial 6 to leave a message for the on-duty officer (please do not call this number for time sensitive matters, the messages are only checked when the on-duty officer is back at the station.)
- Seniors And Law Enforcement Together -- SALT -- brings Pine Lake Seniors together to keep them informed about incidents in Pine Lake as well as to educate regarding common crimes against older Americans, such as phone or on-line scamming.
- If you will be away from home, submit a Vacation House Watch form and we will pay particular attention to your property while you are away.
- As a service to landlords and business owners, the police can perform fingerprint checks and criminal background checks for a modest fee.
- We use an alert program called NIXLE. This program is FREE. It enables the Pine Lake Police Department to communicate and stay in touch with its residents in real-time via SMS (text) messaging.
- To receive text alerts from Pine Lake police: Text PINELAKE (in all caps) to 888777
- To view previous alerts: go to NIXLE and input our 30072 zip code
- The office hours for Court Services and the Police Department are:
- Monday – Thursday 8:30am until 4:30pm
- Friday 12:30pm-4:30pm
- Saturday -- Sunday CLOSED