Why Do We Need Zoning Codes?
Pine Lake, GA is one of the most densely populated cities in the state, yet this progressive community features a beautiful, natural environment. To protect this unique balance, city zoning codes and ordinances have been developed by Pine Lake citizens and passed by council after many hours of hard work and consideration.
The Residential District Regulations are based on the following principles:
- Encouraging unique and varied residential designs
- Protecting and enhancing the entire natural environment
- Reinforcing the safety of residents
- Encouraging social interaction of neighbors and nurturing the unique community spirit of the city
- Sustaining and enhancing the affordability of homes
- Promoting mindful planning and design
- Encouraging effective solutions for reducing energy and water consumption
- Valuing Pine Lake’s architectural traditions, natural landscapes and history, while maintaining a dynamic, progressive 21st century community
Where do I find the Zoning Code?
Currently the Pine Lake Zoning Ordinance is not available on Municode. Council has recently passed new Residential and Commercial sections of the Ordinance (links below). These changes affect many of the other chapters within the code. We are currently in the process of making these edits and re-adopting the entire code. This will be completed in the first quarter of 2018. At that time the entire zoning ordinance will be published on the Website. If you have any questions about the Zoning Ordinance you can call or email the City Clerk’s office: (404) 292-4250 email@example.com.
Mixed Use Overlay